Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spiral, now I know how a mouse feels

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
spiral.jpg
<p />From the suggestions last week, here is what I came up with for a spiral rib rack. First estimates suggest over 110 running inches of ribs. The spines are 1/4 inch round stock, 5 inches tall and 1.5 inch centers. It should hold most pork ribs. [p]The flat bar supports are 1-1/4X1/8. I don't think it needs a grate under it. It's all stainless including the welds. If you can't find the beginning, it is just left of the center screw. [p]I'll give it try in the next week or two, once my head stops spinning from building it. LOL Tom

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Hi Sandbagger,[p]Fantastic work! I've been thinking of something like this since I did my first batch of ribs in the BGE. Are there any details you would be willing to share so I can have one fabricated? I hate using the "standard" rib rack. :-)[p]BP
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]you planning on huntin on of those 10 ft long behemoth wild hogs that people findin??? lol[p]Scott

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Sandbagger, [p]Neat idea! To make for even cooking, what do you think about adding a Y shaped cross member (3 legs @ 120°) below the rib rack on a stem with a small spacer to allow the whole outfit to spin like a lazy susan? It could be used with a platesetter & grate for indirect cooking too.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery