Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Problem solved with plate setter.

funk49funk49 Posts: 115
edited 9:47AM in EggHead Forum
If I removed the fire ring, I could not install the plate setter. Fixed. Used a grinder to remove some of the "tabs" on the outside of the legs. Now it fits either with legs up or down . ;)
IMG-20110731-00026.jpg
IMG-20110731-00027.jpg
·

Comments

• BillPinNCBillPinNC Posts: 68
    Why would you remove the fire ring?

Thanks,

Bill
    ·
  • funk49funk49 Posts: 115
    I have the older version of the XL. The dome is too short to be able to use a raised grid for much of anything of size. Now I can use it.
    I want to be able to use 2 tiers of rib racks. Now I can. :)
    ·
  • BillPinNCBillPinNC Posts: 68
    Got ya, thanks!
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    From the pic it looks like the platesetter is choking off the air supply when set that low, let us know how it works out :)
    ·
    The 3 cut outs are still there around the legs. I think it will be ok?
    If it does cut off too much air, I can go legs down and still get what I'm after, or just add a little spacer.
    Before the plate setter would "wedge" against the sides. I was afraid I was going to crack the base.
    ·
    IMG-20110731-00029.jpg
    ·