Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Problem solved with plate setter.

funk49funk49 Posts: 115
edited 10:20PM in EggHead Forum
If I removed the fire ring, I could not install the plate setter. Fixed. Used a grinder to remove some of the "tabs" on the outside of the legs. Now it fits either with legs up or down . ;)
IMG-20110731-00026.jpg
IMG-20110731-00027.jpg
·

Comments

• BillPinNCBillPinNC Posts: 68
    Why would you remove the fire ring?

Thanks,

Bill
    ·
  • funk49funk49 Posts: 115
    I have the older version of the XL. The dome is too short to be able to use a raised grid for much of anything of size. Now I can use it.
    I want to be able to use 2 tiers of rib racks. Now I can. :)
    ·
  • BillPinNCBillPinNC Posts: 68
    Got ya, thanks!
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    From the pic it looks like the platesetter is choking off the air supply when set that low, let us know how it works out :)
    ·
    The 3 cut outs are still there around the legs. I think it will be ok?
    If it does cut off too much air, I can go legs down and still get what I'm after, or just add a little spacer.
    Before the plate setter would "wedge" against the sides. I was afraid I was going to crack the base.
    ·
    IMG-20110731-00029.jpg
    ·