Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Trader Joe's Flat Iron Steak

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,938
edited 2:33AM in EggHead Forum
I went to Trader Joe's today to get there Marinaded Rack of Lamb, but they were out, as I was cruising thru the store I saw these Flat Iron Beef Chuck Steaks Seasoned with Chipotle Pepper Sauce
I'll grill some Romaine too

On the grill @500* 6-min. a side

Romaine grilled for 2-min a side with Bernstine's Restaurant Recipe Italian Dressing and graded Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese

For a pre-seasoned and packaged steak this was truly very good, served with mashed potatoes

Thanks for looking

• fasteddiemfasteddiem Posts: 212

Beautiful cook...Is the dressing prepared or do you make it? If you make it could you forward the recipe...I'm looking for a new Italian dressing recipe!
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,938
    It's store bought Eddie

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Can't beat the look of your stakes Ross. Wish I was there!!!!!

At some point in time I have got to cook some Romaine. Do you just rinse and put it on the egg? How hot, turn and how long?

Also, do you make up the dressing or is it store bought?

I just cut the Harts in half put the dressing on and under the leafs grill that side first for 2-min. then turn over add the cheese for another 2-min. Enjoy Kent

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Thanks Ross.

• Thanks for sharing, we will have to look for that at our local Trader Joe's
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Nice Ross. I think the wife is picking up some stakes for me to toss on when I get off this afternoon. Don't ever see flat iron around hear though.
    Enjoy Diane

I'm sure she will find something that you well do a fantastic cook on your Egg

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Ross, the flat iron steaks look yummy. :)

I noticed on the package that it said "beef chuck steaks". Are these similar to the chuck steaks Lawn Ranger eggs?
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    good looking cook Ross!!

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,350
    Rebecca, here is a link that my answer some question about the cut:
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Thanks Joan. :) I use that cut for shish kebabs. It's labeled top blade in my local store.
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Thanks, I'm off to trader joes to pick up a couple of those. Looks great and I bet tasted delicious.
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Ross, I've picked that up at TJ's many times, then put it back because of the marinade. But on your recommendation, I will keep it in my cart next time. Potatoes look perfect too!
    I have no idea Rebecca

Thanks Dale

They were tasty and tender Tim

You won't regret it Teresa

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Oh my God, Que Delicia!!!!!!!! Can just imagine flat iron & chipotle mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :silly: Ross could you sort of move over here.....Jackie too of course....... :laugh:
    You are too kind Beli

• tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Well it sounded so good I drove to the nearest trader joes and bought a package. I will have to cook those Tuesday as I already have some more chops marinating for Monday. If those are as good as you say I will stock up on several packages. They will be very tasty with some shrimp on the side. A little surf and turf. Thanks. Look forward to grilling them.