Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. BBQ Brisket and 2 Butts photos

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
640x480brisketandtwobutts2.jpg
<p />Here they are. The ones of the pre-cut brisket were lit like crap so I went with the setup and the post carving.[p]
brisketcut.jpg[p]

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    nice set-up & very nice result. good smoke ring! I bet it doesn't taste too bad either. HEEEE Joe

• locolongball
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]My boss wants me to cook some BBQ for about 30 people. I'm thinking about doing the same setup. Just wonder how much meat you ended up with, and how many that would feed. BTW, I have a large BGE.. If you have any other suggestions (besides by another egg) feel free. I thought about doing 2 pork butts, the day before, then starting some ribs right after, so they will be ready for lunch.
  • jaymer
    jaymer Posts: 49
    Options
    locolongball,
    last weekend I cooked an 11 lb. Certified Angus Beef brisket.
    I removed the point, which was quite big compared to what I've seen of others (the pics of the point are also online in a seperate group), and didn't eat it at the time. [p]SIX of us ravaged that brisket like there was no tomorrow, but we feel we had extra portions (i.e. we ate too much). If there was other meat available, I feel it would have made 16 portions. So I'd need two of those for 30 people to each have some beef.[p]jaymer...

[ul][li]brisket pics[/ul]