Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday Night Fish Fry

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lake Superior trout and whitefish. Trout are the taller pieces, those are mine. :lol: DianaQ gets the whitefish. Simple is good. Cast iron skillet, egg at 400 degrees and when the pan is hot I spoon in clarified butter then toss the fish in.
BGEtroutandwhitefish0002.jpg

BGEtroutandwhitefish0003.jpg

The trout was deeeelish, :cheer: a youngster caught in deep cold waters. A light breading by Louisiana Fish Fry is always excellent. The salad of baby greens from Diana's square inch garden rounded out this Friday night dinner. Peach crisp later tonight.
BGEtroutandwhitefish0005.jpg

BGEtroutandwhitefish0004.jpg

Eat more fish, it's good for you.
·

Comments

• That looks CRAZY good! Like out of a magazine
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    YOU KILLIN ME!!! That looks MITEEFINE! :)
    ·
  • Suer Summer Meal!!! Not too shaby for the waist line either B) Great pics
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·
  • Harleydog77Harleydog77 Posts: 217
    Looking good Clay! I really like the presentation on the salad. I will have to try that one!
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    The peach crisp with vaniller ice cream shoots this healthy dinner to bits. :ohmy: And there is a few calories in tequila spiked lemonade as well. :whistle:

What the heck, all in moderation is what I say. But yeah healthy to eat and fish is load with the good stuff the doc's tell us to eat. I'm good with that. :)
    ·
    Hey Yates,
    Thanks and yeah, fish is great from the egg. Keep the fish outa the house for cookin is a plus as well.

I'm practicin thighs, just bought another package and will work on crispy skin tomorrow. I want really crispy skin, not easy to do.
    ·
  • Harleydog77Harleydog77 Posts: 217
    That is cool that you are practicing. I agree that crispy skin is important also. I have a rack of baby backs on the egg right now (practicing). I am excited for our competition.
    ·
  • SammiSammi Posts: 224
    Nicely done and presentation is everything. I'm hoping to try this with some north of Superior walleye.
    Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
    Thanks Hoss. I won't post pic's of the peach crisp, might induce heart failure. :whistle:
    ·
    Great! I bet those ribs will turn out real good. Enjoy!
    ·
    Thanks. Just a plane old Cannon A590 in one hand and a tequila gold on ice in another.
    ·
    OOOOHHHHHH! PEACHES!!!! POST EM! PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE! :laugh:
    ·
    Canadian Walleye is outrageously good. Enjoy!
    ·
  • NICE!! You've got some awesome pictures!!
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,308
    Very nice. The fish looks perfect.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    Thanks Jerry. The tricky part is preventing the camera from melting on those macro shots while the food is still cookin. :laugh:
    ·
    Joan,
    Thanks much. I'm wishing you cool rain down by you, startin to look like a dust bowl. :(
    Your new Woo ring will be a favorite, nothing beats a good raised grid setup for cooking. Congrats on your excellent Texas sized steak! Impressive!
    ·
    I just finished my breakfast. Peach crisp, vaniller ice cream and dark roast Sumatra java. :woohoo: (can't stop eating this crisp)

I know what your thinking... shame on me, not healthy, but I'm feeling mighty fine.... ;)

This weekend on tap; Pulled pork TENDERLOIN samitches!
    Stay tuned to this station...
    ·
  • I love it, CLay. It looks fabulous.
    ·
    NO!!!!! :laugh:
    ·
  • BarbeeQBarbeeQ Posts: 4
    Clay that fish look great. I will do that with soon Hogfish and Grouper.
    ·
  • Clay, but fruit is good for you :whistle:
    in a crisp or not ;)
    ·