Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT How bad is the drought in Texas

BajaTom
BajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Im thinking about you folks in Texas. I saying prayers for all of you. Good luck to all.

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Thank you prayers are welcomed. We need this high pressure that has fallen in love with Texas to move on.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I am with you bahatom... out best to the Texas folks.

• Grandpas Grub

Because of the high pressure stall over you guys we are getting unusual amounts of rain here. A few days ago 2" in about 1 hour. Some parking lots and low lying subdivisions flooded up to the middle of car doors. We never get this much rainfall. Normally Utah is the second most driest state in the nation. Looks like more storming today.

I enjoy the rain but sure you could keep some of that darn rain down there.

Kent
  • Austin  Egghead
    You guys made the news the other night with the amount rain that high has sent you. :ohmy: Have you started building the ark yet? :)
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Thanks Tom.

Like a lot of things these days, weather patterns have reached a level of 'extremism.' It's either too hot or too cold, or too wet or too dry, too windy or too calm, and so on. And each year some place hits the "100 year flood" or "100 year drought" or "100 year hurricans" or "100 year tornado's"...

At least houses don't float away in heat.

We actually had about 1/2" of rain early this morning so we are the lucky one's. But next week is going to be in the 100°'s every day.

Come Friday afternoon we will be enjoying Denver weather.

I'm just glad I'm not a farmer or stockman. They don't stand a chance.

Spring "Too Hot To Trot" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Grandpas Grub

No ark but I am getting web'd feet.

• Austin  Egghead
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Thanks Baja! It's bad man....we had 400 acres burn a couple miles from the house this week after a spark from a welder kicked it off. The whole place is really a tinderbox.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    29 consecutive 100+ days and the ten day forecast shows no sign of letting up. The ground crunches when you walk. Not good. This is our next four days.

low 81ºFSunday

105ºF / 81ºFMonday

108ºF / 82ºFTuesday

109ºF / 84ºFWednesday

108ºF / 84ºF
  • Austin  Egghead
    Really scary when it hits close to home. The Oak Hills fire was out epiphany. At least this time no houses were lost.
  • IQ2
    IQ2 Posts: 37
    Prayers are always welcome, thank you! Here in west Texas, we haven't had any measurable precipitation since last October. 40+ days over 100 degrees, and water restrictions at 1 or 2 days a week for outdoor watering. It will rain someday....we will keep the faith!
    Paula West Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Wow! We're hot but not that hot. In fact, it was pretty comfortable last night.

Here's what ours looks like.

SpringWeather7-31-11.jpg

Even so, we're leaving town to get away from ours. Going to Denver where it's only 85°.

Good thing the Plano Eggfest is in November.

Spring "Hot Hot Everywhere And Not A Degree Of Relief" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA