Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The arrival of T.S. Don. Cooking before the rains

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited 9:18PM in EggHead Forum
Valeria stayed the night at her summer camp at the Monterrey Alfa Planetarium..they were going to watch the stars so she was thrilled....hope they could since it got pretty overcast
We were left on our own so we had to think of something fast....& the storm was coming furious :ohmy: ........

DSCN8171.jpg

DSCN8172.jpg

DSCN8178.jpg

The sun tried a last time but it failed........darkness came

DSCN8181.jpg

Fired the Mini just before the wind & rain , Scallops came first, EVOO, Dizzy Dust & Lemon Zest.......

DSCN8179.jpg

DSCN8186.jpg

DSCN8191.jpg

DSCN8190.jpg

Then Loren's aubergine cake & beef sausages

DSCN8197.jpg

The Phantom of The Opera showed up Do you see the resemblance???,,,, :woohoo: :laugh:

Phantom_of_the_Opera_Black_WP_by_parashoot__x.png

RSCN8207.jpg

This lady kept an eye on us all night..............

DSCN8196.jpg

A great weekend to yo all
·

Comments

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Dayum. You do a great cook and get the rain. Yall are living the life. Where did you get those nice looking scallops so far inland? Would Loren give out the recipe for the aubergine cakes. Enjoy the evening.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hey Joan.....Howdy!!!! Scallops came from a friend, Will get the recipe for you tomorrow....
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Wow those scallops look delicious. Hope the weather gets better for you. I am sure you enjoyed the dinner looks very tasty.
    ·
    Hi Tim, love grilled scallops Dizzy Dust is a great complement
    ·
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    Nice job Beli, Its good she's keeping an eye on you.
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I love the pictures. What a view!
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
    Perfect way to ride out the storm.

Spring "Phantom Of The Coop" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
    Tim I've been henpecked all my life. :laugh:
    ·
    Tks Al, Remember the team México aprons? Well my friends like them so much they ask me for them when they have special cooks. So I guess that makes you an international entrepreneur now.
    ·
    Good for the Mini. The clouds & rain came so fast I don't think any other of my eggs would have been ready to cook on time.
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Tasty food Beli!! I see you managed to sneak in some vino-perhaps a Malbec? Have a great weekend buddy.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • Hola Beli!!

Scallops are making me hungry!!

Hoping no rain here today (40% chance) and I'm supposed to make pizza for 10 people!!! Guess I better have a Plan B..
    ·
    Hi Dale, my friend you've got a pretty good eye malbec it is
    ·
    Hi Jerry, what I do when it rains here is to attach an old umbrella (the handle) to the egg handle with a rubber band in a way it's easy to remove & put back, resting the rod on the egg's top. Usually you'd be able to fit underneath it. It's worked fine for me Good luck
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    Beli, Beli, Beli..... Let me get this straight - Valeria is away, sun is setting and a storm is rolling in.....AND YOU ARE THINKING OF FOOD!!!!!! ???????
    ·
    Judy ...... I was hungry..... :laugh:
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Be safe my friend.Wonderful post as usual. :)
    ·
    Hey Hoss, muchas gracias have a great sunday!!
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Beli, thanks for sharing. I just love watching storms roll in and hearing the sound of the rain.

It is clear that Loren looks just like Christine in Phatom of the Opera! :) As for you, I don't think you look quite as deformed as the Phatom. :laugh:
    ·
    Rebecca, I still hadn't had enough booze... :laugh: Good to hear from you Girl!!!
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Great pictures Beli! And your dinner looks fantastic too.
    ·
    TKS Teresa.......I seem to have forgotten something according to Judy......... :laugh:
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    BTW, LOVE your napkins! And we are getting rare storms here today as well. Woke up to watch the lightening show at 4am.
    ·
    Fantastic, nothing like watching the force of nature from a beautiful place
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    WOW!!!
    Congrats!!!
    Great cooking as usual!!
    my respects!!!
    ·
    TKS buddy!!!