Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops

tacodawg
tacodawg Posts: 335
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried some pork chops tonight. The recipe was from here for a pork loin so it armed great. It was a Kentucky bourbon sauce. Let the chops soak all day. Put on the egg at 375 for 20 minutes. Pulled of at 145 with my new "open box" thermapen. They were delicious. Even the wife could not believe how moist they came out.
photo-49.jpg
Thanks for looking. Now what to cook tomorrow.

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    I love bone in pork chops! To me they can be better than a steak when I'm in the mood for one.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • tacodawg
    This recipe was really good a little sweet but very tasty. Definitely no leftovers.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    A good chop is a tastee treat!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    That is one good looking cook. Pork and the egg are a sublime marriage, so moist and tender. The egg does justice to all meats, but it takes pork to another level.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Looks & sounds like a tasty chop Tim!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • tacodawg
    Coming from the Eggfest winner, thank you. Trying as many different things on the egg so I'll be ready for next years Eggfest. Thinking of taking the brisket class by Smitty.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Tim looks great, bourbon sauce? which one?
  • tacodawg
    If I did this right it is here

2  lb  pork tenderloin (2 small)
    1/4  cup Kentucky Bourbon
    1/4  cup soy sauce
    1/4  cup brown sugar - packed
    3  cloves garlic - chopped fine
    1/4  cup Dijon mustard
    1  tsp fresh ginger -- minced or 1/4 t dry
    1  tsp        Worcestershire sauce
    1/4  c        vegetable oil
    Instructions:
    Mix all ingredients and add pork.  Let marinate for at least 8 hours and preferably over night.
    Drain pork reserving the reserving the marinade.
    I cook direct, on a raised grid at 325 - 375, turning basting about every 5 minutes.  I cook to 145 internal, pull, let it rest about 10 minutes and slice.
    I like to add apple wood for smoke flavor, but hickory is also good.  

Notes: You can use pork loin in place of tenderloin, but I like to cut the loin, lengthwise, into 2-3 strips, about the same size as a tenderloin. This gives the marinade more surface area and you get more flavor pulled into the meat
    Number Of Servings: 6 Source:
    Vegetarian: No Time To Prepare:
    Date: Fri 14 Nov 2008 19:28:54 EST Viewed: 4192 times
    Author: BobS Email:
    Rating: 4,60 (5 votes)
    recipe rating
    1 (bad) 5 5 (good)
    It is on the recipe page. It Kentucky bourbon pork
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Smitty does a great job in his classes and cooks a really tasty brisket! I took his rib class last year and he served an awesome brisket sandwich lunch. I've also had some of his brisket at a couple of competitions before and it has always been excellent. I'm sure it'll be a great class.

I'm looking forward to tasting some of your cooking at next year's EBTB Eggfest!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA