Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maximum Baby Back Ribs on a Large BGE?

dbruce2000dbruce2000 Posts: 11
edited 12:48AM in EggHead Forum
So what is the maximum number of racks of babies on a large and what are the best eggcessories to make it happen (extra level and grids and what not). Planning a party and the number of invites depends on teh number of racks!

thanks all!
Derrick
·

Comments

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Someone did this...

20racksribs.jpg
    ·
  • golfguygolfguy Posts: 105
    Wow. That doesn't even make sense. Looks like a Hoss cook :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    The above is one awesome cook! I use the Adjustable rig from www.ceramicgrillstore.com as do many others. I have the oval grid setup with stone and slide guide.
    I can do four full racks without them ever touching or me having to do anything after putting them on aside from the occasioal spritz. I can do six if I want to crowd them a little, which means shifting them around some during the cook, no big deal, but it extends the cook time. I just purchased a third slider/grid setup from CGS which should allow for six easily, possibly nine, but it does require a little more work. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't say. :) :)
    ·
  • wallyjarwallyjar Posts: 123
    All I can say is WOW!!
    ·
    I just got my adj rig this week and I am gonna do a couple racks tomorrow. I cant wait!! B)
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    :laugh:
    Way to go PhilsGrill, I was hoping someone had that picture and would post it. Great job. ;)

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,982
    Morning Derrick:

You're only limited by how imaginative you are...see PhilsGrill post...Here is a link to when I did six racks on a medium...CLICK HERE

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Frank,

You should be able to do at least 6 without touching. Do you have that extra little topper thingy dingy that will hold another grid?
    ·
  • dbruce2000dbruce2000 Posts: 11
    To be more specific...I want to avoid the meat touching and was trying to find a way to do multiple levels maybe up to 3? I have the platesetter so could I buy smaller grates and put legs on them the diy way and stack them all the way up in the dome? Is there a rig that does 3 levels or even more?

Thanks all!
    Derrick
    ·
    Get the adjustable rig from http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/.
    ·