Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maximum Baby Back Ribs on a Large BGE?

dbruce2000dbruce2000 Posts: 11
edited 11:16AM in EggHead Forum
So what is the maximum number of racks of babies on a large and what are the best eggcessories to make it happen (extra level and grids and what not). Planning a party and the number of invites depends on teh number of racks!

thanks all!
Derrick
·

Comments

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Someone did this...

20racksribs.jpg
    ·
  • golfguygolfguy Posts: 105
    Wow. That doesn't even make sense. Looks like a Hoss cook :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    The above is one awesome cook! I use the Adjustable rig from www.ceramicgrillstore.com as do many others. I have the oval grid setup with stone and slide guide.
    I can do four full racks without them ever touching or me having to do anything after putting them on aside from the occasioal spritz. I can do six if I want to crowd them a little, which means shifting them around some during the cook, no big deal, but it extends the cook time. I just purchased a third slider/grid setup from CGS which should allow for six easily, possibly nine, but it does require a little more work. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't say. :) :)
    ·
  • wallyjarwallyjar Posts: 123
    All I can say is WOW!!
    ·
    I just got my adj rig this week and I am gonna do a couple racks tomorrow. I cant wait!! B)
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    :laugh:
    Way to go PhilsGrill, I was hoping someone had that picture and would post it. Great job. ;)

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,956
    Morning Derrick:

You're only limited by how imaginative you are...see PhilsGrill post...Here is a link to when I did six racks on a medium...CLICK HERE

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Frank,

You should be able to do at least 6 without touching. Do you have that extra little topper thingy dingy that will hold another grid?
    ·
  • dbruce2000dbruce2000 Posts: 11
    To be more specific...I want to avoid the meat touching and was trying to find a way to do multiple levels maybe up to 3? I have the platesetter so could I buy smaller grates and put legs on them the diy way and stack them all the way up in the dome? Is there a rig that does 3 levels or even more?

Thanks all!
    Derrick
    ·
    Get the adjustable rig from http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/.
    ·