Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

First time posting pics of meal...

TDogg46TDogg46 Posts: 51
edited 10:18PM in EggHead Forum

Jalapeno poppers with little weenies and cream cheese....these things were dang yummy. I had never had them before and they were delicious.

• Nice cook & Welcome! For larger photos make sure the first 3 numbers in your URL photo link is at least 480 You can actually go back now and change it if you want to practice and get the hang of it.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • That was quick, they are much larger now. You catch on FAST!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • IQ2IQ2 Posts: 37
    They look delicious, good job!
    Paula West Texas
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,376
    try some smoked link sausage, chop it and mix it with the cream cheese, then fill peppers. this way you can control portions of cheese and sausage to your liking.

if you don't use the whole sausage, throw it on the egg and warm it up while the poppers cook.

laslty, right before you pull the poppers, dunk them in your favorite bbq sauce, then back on grill to let the sauce firm up.

dang, gotta do some of these this weekend now. ACGP, Inc.
  • wallyjarwallyjar Posts: 123
    Looks like you did a great job. Keep us posted on more cooks.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,151
    Great first post with pictures, but I'd call that a snack, not a meal. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,350
    Nice cook. Welcome to the forum. My DIL loves those little weenies. I will make them for her when they come down next month. thanks for the idea. bookmarked
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Love the ABT's... keep posting those pics!
    Large and Small BGE *
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Great job! Did you save me any?
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Those little guys are habit forming. Glad they came out great. Hope you had a few to share with friends. People go crazy for these. Congratulations and now you're hooked.