Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT, But Incredible Footage!!

RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
edited 12:24PM in EggHead Forum
·

Comments

• Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Amazing! Thanks for sharing,

Blair

·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,693
    Thanks...

Spring "Whale Lover" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,745
    Awesome video, thanks for sharing. :)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Thanks for posting. It's got to make one wonder about the grand scheme of things.

Kent
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    If you go here, you'll have the option to watch in full-screen format.. much enhanced viewing!!

·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    Same here, and I support the Sea Shepherd's mission whenever I can. Is "Don" visiting you yet?
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Just Awesome Rascal,

Thanks a heap for posting it.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 506
    Very nice story ... thanks!
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,693
    Don won't make it to the Chicken Ranch but it is drawing in a low pressure area from Louisiana that is supposed to give us 50% rain. We'll take 'half-drops' if it rained everywhere but I'm told that's not exactly what 50% means. LOL

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Actually, we have had a couple of decent rains since January but to catch up we'll need about a hundred average rains and a couple of tropical storms. Sooner or later we'll get some but we always want more than what we got.

Then there are those fluke rains that drops 10" so quickly that it floods everything but runs off before it does any good.

But everybody has that kind of weather.

Spring "Everybody Complains About The Weather But No One Is Doing Anything About It" Chicken
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Fantastic, been there several times to watch the whales migration, What a great story, people like that should be given world recognition.
    ·
  • Ohio48Ohio48 Posts: 20
    Beli wrote:
    Fantastic, been there several times to watch the whales migration, What a great story, people like that should be given world recognition.

+1
    I think there is somebody who does that. ;)
    ·
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    Very cool
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I saw the story last night on the news. It was so incredibly touching to see the whale's reaction to being freed. It brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for sharing! :)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    I love animals, love watching Whale Wars and support the mission of sustainable catch......and also am a Teddy Roosevelt styled conservationist/hunter, which puts me pretty far away from the PETA folks, but that was AMAZING! Beautiful creature and story.

Teared up....thanks for sharing.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Wow was that cool. Thanks
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    That was incredible! I appreciate you sharing it with us.
    ·