Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. BBQ's brisket

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished eating a ton of this amazing dish. I followed his instructions to the letter, and this brisket is awesome. The brother in law gave it an A+ !! We also made the good doctor's north alabama white sauce for it, and it's great too. (We dipped our ribeyes in some last night). [p]I was scared of brisket after my first effort, but the problem was me not the meat. This is probably the best bbq I've ever made.[p]Oh, and I'm waiting for two butts to come off as we speak. They're at 190 now and will make for some good Sunday eatin'.[p]Pictures of the brisket to follow...

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]Which recipe did you use?
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    drbbq,[p]The first of the two brisket recipes. Not the short cut one, but the first. I only had the brisket flat, so the point part didn't come into play, but we are thrilled with it. [p]It was easy and really turned out great. I am considering totally converting to your white bbq sauce as well. I had eaten it years ago in Decatur as takeout bbq from that very restaurant, and didn't know what to make of it, but it is right in my wheelhouse now. I think many of the family and neighbors are going to like it too. [p]Your rub is great too (the big time bbq rub). I'm kind of wuss when it comes to spicy food, but I love this. Not heat for the sake of being hot, but truly flavorful and with a little staying power. I decided if I was going to use your recipes, I needed to start exactly as they were written so I could decide what, if anything, I wanted to change. [p]Thanks for your years of hard work. You are gonna make me look like a BBQ god to my fellow cookers...[p][p]

• Mark,[p]You a BBQ God ?[p]Sheesh, you been around long enough to
    maybe be my BBQin B....h, well nevermind.[p]

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Patrick in Ga,[p]And by bbq god, I only meant to my goober friends and neighbors. I don't dare for a second think I can Egg with the likes of most of you guys. I'm talking about my neighborhood gassin' friends...
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]I was looking at that recipe just yesterday (got the book last week from Amazon) and am dying to try it out - probably a next weekend experiment. It's great to hear that you had resounding success.[p]NOW POST SOME PICTURES!! (please)[p]Dr. BBQ's book is well written and well presented - I've really enjoyed thumbing through it so far.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    TRex,[p]I'd think it was a great book even with no recipes in it. The stories and the q-ing tips as well as competition info and smoke info and such are great. [p]I appreciate reading a book that made me feel like it was written for me. [p]Lemme see if I can kick the wife off of her pc long enough to download and post some pics...
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Mark Backer, Oh man you almost said it! Q-Tip!! Never thought about them things being tied to cooking. You need to visit the guest book at the Egg site. There is a fellow in Atlanta that just got an Egg and is ready to sell it in a yard sale. Fix him up, he thinks it's way over hyped because he can't figure it out.

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]Glad you liked it. Thanks for the nice words.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ