Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Toy! - and the sidewalk is 133 degrees!

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Held out for the entire grilling season at Dillard's and finally got this at 50% off retail and 40% off clearance...almost makes it disposable!

My use for this on the egg will be primarily when I am using the griddle or other items where a surface temperature would be of benefit.

However at those kid of prices adding it to my collection of thermometers was completely justified (I told my wife in my warped sense of Big Boy Toys world).

35a5e31c.jpg6f85c766.jpg

Looking for some new cooks for the weekend but with these temperatures but I'm probably going to settle on something FAST...
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    I looked at one today. Thought about it for a sec, it came up to around $27 on my cell phone calc :laugh:

They still had 6, so I'm going to wait for further markdowns. Used to be a Dillard's associate through college. ;)

Whenever I hear of the markdown sale I always stroll through the home section. Gotten some awesome deals. B)

I sure do miss the 25% on top of everything else. :lol:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I have a similar gizmo. They are remarkably handy for all sorts of things. Knowing just how hot a pizza stone is really helps baking. And you can find out just where your house has leaks, or could use some insulation.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    I agree with gdenby...shoot down through the top vent hole and see what the temp is on your pizza stone. A giant step for mankind.
    Judy in San Diego