Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First crack at T-REX method

golfguygolfguy Posts: 105
edited 12:11AM in EggHead Forum
I got a couple of bone in NY Strips and decided to give the T-Rex method a shot.

Let me know what you guys think!!

My VERY rookie attempt at a rub...

After 90 seconds each side at 900isshh. I Iet them rest for about 15 minutes.

Back on the egg for 3 minutes each side (400deg) and pulled at 127deg.

The results....

Finished! My girlfriend said it was the best steak she has ever had. I will say I was pleasantly surprised at how tender and juicy the steaks were. I can't wait to try this cook a few more times!

• transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Great lookin steaks, Adam.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Ha Ha HA I think we have created a monster! Very good. You are hooked now for sure. I do thick cut pork chops the same way cept I pull at around 138F IT. ;)
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Looks like you did a really good job!

Damn. I was planning on some simple burgers this weekend, but may have to complement those burgers with a steak!!! :)
  • golfguygolfguy Posts: 105
    Haha yes you have, Tim. I am gonna have to try those chops sometime. I got my adjustable rig in over the weekend and plan on breaking it in with a couple racks of ribs. Wish me luck! B)
    Rezen, steaks and a couple burgers never hurt anyone. The more, the merrier. :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Best to you Adam. You will do well and learn again and again. ;)
    Thanks, Jack. Thermapen was the best investment I have ever made.
  • tomahtomah Posts: 8
    that looks great!
  • Ohio48Ohio48 Posts: 20
    Little bit of meat left there!!! :lol:
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,620
    I admire your strength at being able to take a photo with half a steak left...
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.  
    Definitely tough. I'm not sure why I took the pic now that I think about it. :blink:
  • Awesome looking steaks!!