Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

mold on smoke wood chunks...

Rafter RRafter R Posts: 120
edited 6:59AM in EggHead Forum
I opened my 5 gallon bucket with my pecan in it ... the wood all has a white mold growing on it. Could I just wash off the fuzzy stuff Is it safe? Evidently the chunks were not as dry as I thought. thanks in advance....

it is very soft feels like moist lent...

P7280103.jpg
P7280101.jpg
P7280102.jpg
·

Comments

• I had the same problem with some apple. I just layed it out in this brutal sun for a couple of days and mold disappeared. Have used it several times since and noticed no ill effects.
    ·
  • Fossil FrankFossil Frank Posts: 285
    Yeah, I had that happen to some cherry wood but it's still fine
    Frank from Indiana
    ·
  • DrDaveMackDrDaveMack Posts: 10
    It's a summer science experiment!
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    I've hhad mmmold before and havee nott seen any illll effectsss....
    ·
  • Personally - I would not worry one second about that!!

I am no mold expert, but I'd bet a few minutes in a hot egg that mold is dead!!!!
    ·