Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

mold on smoke wood chunks...

Rafter RRafter R Posts: 120
edited 11:58AM in EggHead Forum
I opened my 5 gallon bucket with my pecan in it ... the wood all has a white mold growing on it. Could I just wash off the fuzzy stuff Is it safe? Evidently the chunks were not as dry as I thought. thanks in advance....

it is very soft feels like moist lent...

• I had the same problem with some apple. I just layed it out in this brutal sun for a couple of days and mold disappeared. Have used it several times since and noticed no ill effects.
  • Fossil FrankFossil Frank Posts: 285
    Yeah, I had that happen to some cherry wood but it's still fine
    Frank from Indiana
  • DrDaveMackDrDaveMack Posts: 10
    It's a summer science experiment!
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    I've hhad mmmold before and havee nott seen any illll effectsss....
  • Personally - I would not worry one second about that!!

I am no mold expert, but I'd bet a few minutes in a hot egg that mold is dead!!!!