Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

?

skitter_popskitter_pop Posts: 38
edited 6:21AM in EggHead Forum
How come on the videos @ the BGE website the cook never uses temperature probes? He does it all by time.
·

Comments

• Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Because he is foolish. :evil:
    ·
  • ZINAZINA Posts: 11
    Don't know. But when it comes to chicken and turkey I use a probe!
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    They are trying to emphasize how easy it is to cook on the egg. The last thing they want to do is make you think you have to go out and buy a bunch of gadgets in order to cook well on their product B)
    Me, I like gadgets :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • I'm really just trying to talk myself into buying a thermapen and a Maverick 732. ;)
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Just buy one. I was there when they made the film. His burgers wasn't worth a crap! Overdone. :lol: :lol:
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    I cook by looks... :whistle:
    ·
  • lol yeah but sometimes i cook when it's dark.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    There is something called electricity now that you can have what is called light.
    ·
  • as a junior egger i will concede
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,040
    In my Weber days, I always cooked my steaks by feel (poke the meat wid da fingah).

The damn Egg is too hot inside to do that now. :huh:

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·