Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Four Pak of Chix

Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,837
edited 8:35PM in EggHead Forum
Decided to take some cornish game hens, stuff with wild rice and wrap in bacon weave.

Stuffed and rub with favorite seasoning.

RUBBEDDSCN1206.jpg

Covered in bacon weave

BACONWRAPPEDDSCN1208.jpg

Cooking 350F, indirect, w/apricot chips, 1 hour 15 minutes.

COOKINGDSCN1212.jpg

Cooked, rested 15 minutes

COOKEDDSCN1213.jpg

Plated

PLATEDDSCN1217.jpg

Thanks for looking.
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    :laugh:
    That is awesome. Did the weave just cover the tops or does it go all the way around them???

Cheers,
    Bordello
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Richard, those look super! :cheer: :cheer:
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,331
    Oh my goodness!!! What a wonderful looking cook. You made those hens proud. Thanks for sharing Bookmarked
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,837
    I placed 3 pieces length wise and then cut 3 pieces in half and started weaving. Then cut across the long side in half and had 2 pieces for the top.

See you jumped on this thread rapidly, thought I misspelled Chics. LOL
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Wow, that is awesome. Must have been mighty tasty!
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,708
    You had me til the plated photo with peas. :laugh:
    Wife would love those hens with bacon.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Lookin GOOD! Been missin your posts.Heard you had puter problems.Hope all is well. :)
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    very nice, looks great
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,394
    Looks killer Richard!
    Death by garlic?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Looks delicious :)
    glad to see you back up and running :woohoo:
    ·