Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizzettas...on the Small!! (Slideshow)

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
TGIF....[p]We...(Me, andf my lovely Wife Ann) put together some herbed pizza dough a nite or two ago and had a ball trying various toppings!![p]I was "Channeling" and old Itallian Baker "Luigi" I think!![p]Anyway....[p]With a bunch of toppings prepped, it's a great time....especially with the kids![p]The smaller size (8-10") makes em' easy to crank out a bunch in a row!![p]Here's a few pics...[p]
Here's a "Virgin" BGE Stone on the "GrateMates" extended set-up![p]GrateMateExtendedSet-ups7.jpg[p]Good... simple ingreadients are the key to me. Fresh Mozzarella, Provel Cheese,Peppercinis, Diced Procuiutto, Black olives, Ann's "Home Maid Basil-Tomato sauce, Onions, Fresh Rosemary...ect. You get the picture!![p]I like to sneak some "Chovies" in there when I can get away with it!![p]This one's ready to go!![p]Pizzettas.jpg[p]Here's one...almost ready, 8-10 mins @ 550 dome.[p]Pizzettas2.jpg[p]Drizzled with some "chili infused" Extra Virgin....Ready to cut!![p]Pizzettas5.jpg[p]And a Close-up or two for my buddy TRex!![p]Pizzettas3.jpg[p]Pizzettas4.jpg[p]Now.... who says you can't bake on the "Little Guy" ??[p]Good weekend to all..[p]Chubby[p][p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• yoyo_in_atlanta
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Boy, those look positively delicious! Just looking at them makes me hungry!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Chubby,
    Oh yeah, that is real fair. Go ahead and just post this stuff in the late afternoon why dontchya? Sheesh. Pavlov's dog without the bell.
    Dang
    ;-)
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    Chubby,
    Wow! Those look fantastic. If they taste 1/12th as good as they look, I bow to you and want you to cook pizza at the next Florida Eggfest! You are way better at it than me and I could learn a lot from you![p]Banker John

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Bravo! Those look fabulous. You are a Jedi master of the diminutized ceramic![p]TRex[p]P.S. Love the macros.
  • Chubby
    Options
    TRex,[p]
    Hey there young man!![p]I am BUMMED you're not going to make it to Austin!![p]I know...I know....a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do!![p]"Diminutized ceramic"? Geeez!! You honor me with your eloquent musings...oh "Master of the Flame"!![p]
    Evans[p]PS...thanks for the kind words...and yes..."you are a slave to the Macro"!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Revolutionary BBQ Man
    Options
    Chubby,
    You don't happen to want to share your recipe for the herbed dough, do you?
    Thanks,
    Rick

• Chubby
    Options
    Revolutionary BBQ Man,[p]Ann was throwing it together as I was outside playing with fire!![p]I'll inquire.... and post this evening or tomorrow AM!![p]Evans
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Looking good my friend. You have a good weekend also.[p]Mike
  • Chubby
    Options
    Banker John,

Slooooo down there Mr. John!! [p]Although I can't vouch for score on the quality scale...."Thanks for the nice words"![p]If I get to the Fla Eggfest...I'll cook with you any time!![p]Here's to sauce in yer' eye![p]Evans[p][p]

• Chubby
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Thanks...and you do the same!![p]Hey...I think I'm on... for "The Royal".[p]We can hang with the Dizzy Pigs together!![p]Evans
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chubby,
    Man, you let me know well in advance. That sounds like a great time.[p]I can't wait to meet you.[p]Mike

• Charcoal Mike
    Charcoal Mike Posts: 223
    Options
    Chubby,[p]That looks positively amazing.[p]Do you mind elaborating a bit on the "GrateMates" setup? Perhaps I haven't visited the forum enough lately, but I am not familiar with that type of setup and can't seem to put it all together from the pictures....[p]Thanks![p]- Mike