Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tsunami Crab Cakes

Wahooegger
Wahooegger Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally had the chance to add myself to the growing fan base for DP. Tsunami crab cakes were fantastic. Thanks, Chris.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    NEWCrabcakesOn.jpg
    <p />Wahooegger,
    Max really had a great idea with his grilled crabcakes. And since we are spoiled around here with fantastic lump crabmeat, we do them a lot. We made a few tweaks to suit our personal preferences, and some even different tweaks for contest cooking, but bottom line is they always come out fantastic. Funny thing is I am cooking them tonight with a porterhouse. hehe.[p]Max has inspired a lot of cooks to be even better. He carries an enthusiasm that is tough to top. Yo Max....how you think those crabcakes would be brushed lightly with an eggwash, and coated with Japanese Panko breadcrumbs?[p]Glad you are enjoying the rubs. Beers to you!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    wow, thanks for all the kudos. ..truth be known, that is a most basic eastern shore recipe, with the enhancement of the tsunami spin. . .just takes them to a higher level, along with the benefits of the egg magic. . .i have a container of crabmeat in the fridge and will be doing them this weekend as well. . .don't know about the eggwash... i'm sure the breadcrumbs would be good too (why not just cut back on the white bread and mix in the bread crumbs??[p]you know me, i love to take recipes and then translate them to the egg (utilizing the egg as grill/stovetop burner/oven) and enhancing calls for things like salt and pepper with dizzy rubs instead. . .everything comes out better. . [p]almost time to call it a week. . tgif. . (got a cold coca cola waitn in the fridge - heee)

• Ironbaugh
    Ironbaugh Posts: 93
    mad max beyond eggdome, or nature boy
    Have not done crab cakes before. Recipe, temps, etc.? If already posted I missed. Thanks- Rick

• Ironbaugh,
    here is a link to the recipe. ...remember, use good lump or backfin. .. don't use claw or 'special'. .. [p]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesCrabcakes.html

[ul][li]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesCrabcakes.html[/ul]
  • Ironbaugh
    Ironbaugh Posts: 93
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks. Crabcakes look great. Eggheads out there. Check out Dizzy Pigs website and look at M.max's filets and Q babe's. hamburger hotdogs