Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The good and the bad (OT)

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So my Step Mother has dementia and deteriiorating quickly. My Father has been having a real hard time with this situation. He's 83. She has been given 6 months to live. She was hospitalized today for a pancreatic proceedure tomorrow. To determine how far the cancer has got. This weighs heavy on my heart.
The good stuff is I have been called back for a second interview with Bon Apetit. I keep hearing great things about them.
I'll stay positive on both!
To throw in some food topic. I just ordered 4 lbs of garlic to plant this fall. I can't wait for production.

Love your family today!!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    Good Luck to you and your Step Mom
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Hey Molly, sorry for the bad stuff, glad for the good stuff, hoping for the best for you for all of it!
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Best wishes to you and your family Molly.

My father recently passed (6 months ago today) to cancer. So I definitely know what you're going through.

Best of luck with the Bon Apetit interview!!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Molly, so sad that you are sad. I'm hoping you get the job because that means you can come to Plano and that would lighten your heart a little - no, a lot!

4# of garlic! Dang, girl, you can supply the whole Eggdom with that amount :laugh:
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Thoughts prayers are with you. Been there on both fronts so I knowvwhat younare going through. Itwill get better!

Ken
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I hear you Molly. My brother has MS real bad and can not do physical things. Recently his wife was diagnosed with dementia. One can't do anything physically and the others mind is shot. :unsure: And they are 800 miles away.

Blessings to you and yours. Hope you get the job you want. ;)
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    good luck on the job and will keep our step mom in our prayers. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Molly, sorry to hear the bad, my best to you all for the bad and the good.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Sorry to hear about your sad news, Molly, but eggcited for your good new. Prayers are with you on both fronts.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Good luck with the second interview and prayers for the family. Looks like you have ordered enough garlic to keep the vampires at bay :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Prayers and Good Vibes have been sent your way.More to follow.Best of luck to you and the family.
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    praying for you all!
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    We'll be praying for your Stepmom AND Dad. :(

AND for your job opportunity ! :woohoo:
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Prayers and best wishes on all fronts Molly, my thoughts are with you.

Blair

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    My Molly nd I send our hearts and thoughts........ :kiss:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Molly, sorry to hear about your step mom. Wish the best for her and your Dad, both in our prayers. Good luck with the job
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Molly all my prayers are with you for your stepmom and thoughts for Dad.Hope everything goes well with the job and the Egg family will always be there for you.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Molly: My heart and prayers are with you and your Family. We just buried my Step Dad of 27 years last week. He, too, had dementia (Altzheimers), and he declined quickly as well at the end. It was a battle of several years with Mom trying to take care of him. We finally had to give in to save Mom, and put him in a nursing home 14 months ago. If you need an ear, you have my number! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
    Best to you for the new job option as well! And seriously, I am here if you need to talk. Be well!
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Molly, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I lost my Dad a little over four years ago after a lengthy illness and shortly thereafter my Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I'm just now starting to experience why folks refer to this disease as the "long goodbye". Again, will keep you in my prayers.

Best wishes on the job front. While I'm not personally acquainted with Bon Appetit in Colorado Springs, my parents had a summer home at a golf resort there for years. Can't for the life of me right now recall the name of it. It was just above the red rocks. Either Garden of the Gods or Kissing Camels owned by Lyda Hill Hunt, I think. Anyway, great eating in COS. I miss it!

Jeri

P.S.: Little Chef, so sorry for your loss.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Oh Molly,so very sorry about your stepmom. my heart goes out to you and your family. wish there was something to do or say to help :( but on the good stuff :) will cross everything for the job and if there is anything we can help with the garlic just yell. we are almost ready to harvest here. it has been a good year for it and there are some nice bulbs almost ready to pull. I have a recipe for you for killer fries next year with the scapes lol made myself sick on them the other night... or it might have been the two bottles of red... oh well I think it was the fried foods :whistle:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    So sorry, Mol. :(

and good luck.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    prayers to you and your family. altzheimers has been brutal in my family, all the woman end up with it and live on. my grandmothers mind has been gone for the last 15 years, doesnt even know what a fork is for now, its terrible. occasionally one of the men get it but thankfully not many of us in the family make it into to the nineties.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Never met you except on this site, Molly. But, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Molly, so sorry to hear about your step mom & dad, they'll be in my prayers. You know I can relate. And best of luck with Bon Appetit!
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Molly - good to hear you are staying positive. It's tough with dementia.

Good luck on the job - hope you get a great one.

Richard