Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribeyes!

BRM80BRM80 Posts: 1
edited 5:18AM in EggHead Forum
Iphone005.jpg

I stopped by my local butcher shop and had these ribeyes cut 1" and 3/4". Then I marinated these in KC Masterpiece Steakhouse marinade for about an hour. I got my XL egg to 500 degrees and put the steaks on for 9 minutes. I flipped them once. They came out medium and medium rare. They were by far the best steaks I have ever cooked!
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Welcome aboard BRM. Great looking first post. Those steaks look awesome.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Welcome.....that is some good eating right there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Sometimes I get on a purist steak kick, and forget how good a nicely marinated steak tastes. Yours looks really good. Nice cook.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Welcome to the forum. From your post sounds like you are hooked.... :laugh:
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,582
    Lookin' good! It looks like you have one trick for getting a nice sear...got your lump piled nice and high :).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Stick a fork in urself, ur done. Welcome and they look outstanding
    ·
  • golfguygolfguy Posts: 105
    Nice looking steaks, brother. Welcome and keep posting!
    ·
  • reccitronreccitron Posts: 175
    Welcome to the forum. The steaks look great.
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice lookin' ribeyes!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Very nice lookin' steaks! "If it is a good piece of meat, the only thing you can do wrong is overcook it."
    I think that was Confucious

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

·