Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mayo-Onion Soup Pork Tenderloin

Options
bobbyb
bobbyb Posts: 1,349
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Found this recipe on the web, and it sounded so crazy, I decided I has to give it a go.

Basically you slather the tenderloin with mayo, then sprinkle on a crushed up packet of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix.

Oddly enough it came out great. Quick and easy.

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

Comments

• Ky Kernel EggHead
    Options
    Looks Great. How about some insight on temp,cooking method,done temp, etc.

I've heard buttermilk is another good one for coating instead of mayo.

Still Eggin in Ky,

CroMag :cheer:
  • bobbyb
    Options
    I cooked it at 375 deg F. on a raised grid, direct. I pulled it at 140 deg F internal. The recipe calls for 160 deg, but I like my pork more rare. Took about 20 minutes.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful.
    Well, that covers one night this week.............

:P
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    been looking for a good way to flavor sliced cuban pork deli style from a loin, bet that would work well with some added garlic. looks great
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bobbyb
    Options
    Thanks Fishless.
  • bobbyb
    Options
    Don't think you will be disappointed.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    That looks tasty! On the list to try.
  • CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    Fishless,

Have you ever tried a marinade called "Mojo Criollo"? I find it made by Goya in the grocery store or markets in areas where a lot of Latin Americans reside. It's got sour naranjo orange juice, a lot of cumin, garlic and more spices.

I use is on boneless country ribs. I cut them into strips about an inch and a half wide, then put them in a ziplock with the marinade for 24 hours in the fridge. Take 'em out of the fridge for an hour or two before grilling direct at 400°-500° to 145° internal and serve with black beans and rice. I cheat and use Vigo brand that comes in a foil bag. Always a winner.

Cheers,

Joe
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I've been making a chicken dish for years that consist of
    9x 11.5 pan of chick parts. Can of cream of mushroom or chicken soup. Blot on the chick parts. Equal amount of sour cream, blotted on. Fill the soup can with water drizzle over the whole pan of parts. SPrinkle of garlic powder, s/p. Top with french fried onions, save some to add after done for the crunch factor.. Bake till up to temp. It really is super good. Serve with mashed taters and put some of the sauce on them. Yummy!!!
    Same concept but with the cream soup factor. Give it a try.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • reccitron
    reccitron Posts: 176
    Options
    Does sound crazy but looks yummy.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Sounds a little crazy, but looks wicked delicious!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • blakeas
    blakeas Posts: 244
    Options
    Does this recipe also work with having it bacon wrapped?  Anything with bacon was good but wanted to know if people tried it
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    That looks fantastic. My wife used to make chicken leg quarters in the oven using a similar recipe. Haven't had it in years. May have to do that this week to switch it up a bit. We've been stuck in a rut with our same weekly go-to meals for awhile now. Thx for the inspiration!