Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hold the carbs

Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,331
edited 11:42PM in EggHead Forum
Tri tip slathered in Rodak’s Coffee rub. RT for one hour. Egg temp at 350.
Side one for 12 minutes. Turned and cranked heat to 425. Pulled when IT read 124. Foiled and rested for 15 minutes. Sliced and served with avocado salad.

Rested
July26_2.jpg

Sliced
July26_3.jpg
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,081
    That looks just about perfect!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • It's a beautiful thing! I pull my tri between 125 and 127 so you gotta believe I'm gonna like it. Very nice!
    Last one I did (Sunday) I marinated in Dr.Pepper for 3 hours to tenderize it a bit. Awesome.

Nice post. Thanks!

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

·
  • Nice TT Joan
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Beautifully cooked!
    ·
  • Looks delicious!
    ·