Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New STOKER "Black Box" with WIFI

SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,431
edited 4:00PM in EggHead Forum
Looking forward to getting my hands on this new toy.

Shipping soon.

072611STOKER.jpg

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

New toys... looks great.

GG
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    The Stoker is one toy I would not be without and it just got better...good job Stoker guys

Mine is going right now with 2 10lb butts for lunch tomorrow
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    I want one'a those so bad I could just .........
  • BrunDogBrunDog Posts: 27
    Thanks for the photo. I have had one on order since early July. Supposedly it was to ship yesterday or today. I heard the term "black box" via the website and email I received stating wifi will not be enabled until a software update in September, but have not seen an actual photo. This helps... Thanks!!!

-BD
  • StuworldStuworld Posts: 57
    So glad they told me about this when I asked for the feature when ordering in April. :angry: I definitely would have waited had I known.
  • Oh, I am finally going to have to cave and get one of those. The lack of easy wireless was the only thing holding me back. My Large BGE will be so happy.....don't know about my wife though.

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

• Woohoo! I have been waiting for this upgrade and am now excited to jump on board even if it will be September before the option is available.

BD
  • hawkegghawkegg Posts: 97
    I just was looking at their website. Aren't the wifi models available now? Maybe the black box one is different. I may be switching from the bbq guru shortly.
    Scott
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    Stuworld wrote:
    So glad they told me about this when I asked for the feature when ordering in April. :angry: I definitely would have waited had I known.

Tell me about it. I'm in the same boat.

Oh well, no sour grapes here. I'm just glad to see a US based company doing good things.

Keep it up Kenny and company.

Ted