Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My first stoker cook: the end result!

Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I started my first stoker cook last night... I put the pork butt on around 10pm last night. Stoker set @ 250F grid, indirect with a drip pan filled with apple juice. For smoke, I used a mix of apple chips and mesquite chips.

Didn't open the dome once until 16 hours had passed. Pulled @195F.

This is what I was greeted with! The aroma was unbelievable.

IMG_6183.jpg

I cooked it fat side down, and some of the bits stayed behind on the grid. That is, until I went back with a fork and pulled them off and ate them. lol

IMG_6185.jpg

Here it is, after nearly 2 hours rest wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil, towels, and stuck in a cooler.

IMG_6186.jpg

It was incredibly tender! It literally just fell apart. I've cooked butts before where I would have to literally work to get it off the bone etc... but not this one! Perfectly cooked.

IMG_6188.jpg

Look at the bark! Making me want another plate of it. haha

IMG_6189.jpg

The blade bone came clean without any real work from me. The pork was just falling off it...

IMG_6190.jpg

Zoom of the blade bone.

IMG_6191.jpg

Delicous scrumptious pulled pork.

IMG_6192.jpg

Plated, with egg roasted corn on the cob, pasta salad, and home made cole slaw (even with homemade mayo).

IMG_6193.jpg

Served with some North Carolina style hot vinegar sauce.

IMG_6195.jpg

Can't wait for tomorrow, so I can make a pulled pork sandwich! :D

Comments