Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Problem

Options
rhouck
rhouck Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now that I've had my Egg for a couple of months, what the heck do I do with my 5 year old Capt'n Cook gas grill?

Comments

• Longrifle
    Longrifle Posts: 130
    Options
    LOL, I wondering the same thing with my 4 month old Master Forge.
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    i use mine to store my egg cooking toys in.... B)

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    My gas Weber is for Egg accessory storage and I also use it to clean my grates while the Egg is heating up...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Options
    I have a Vermont that doesn't get used much since I got my egg. I use it sometimes when the egg is full & I need more cooking space. Don't think I could get much for it even though hardly ever been used. So I will just keep it for backup.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Do what I did with my Ducane! Drag its sorry butt out to the curb for trash pick up!
    IMG_0602.jpg

After all that's where ALL gas grills end up sooner or later!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • rhouck
    rhouck Posts: 2
    Options
    I use it now to hold my Eggcessories that aren't being used during the cook (plate setter, grid, etc.). However, I even fired up the Egg tonight to cook the kids hotdogs!
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    A friend of mine is getting my all stainless Char-Broil gasser.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Mine will be going to my parents house when I move to Corpus (hopefully soon) or when I get off my but and takd it there. Right now its used for storage, but I don't want to move it with me to another city.

And yes, even though my parents agree egged food is better, they will never convert to lump. They don't even grill. They have a pool and host a lot for the relatives during the summer, but the relatives always do the grilling, at least when I am not there.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings