Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flooring? for Egg--

raider60raider60 Posts: 62
edited 12:37PM in EggHead Forum
My wife and I just rented a house that has no concrete in the backyard, only grass. The landlord won't let us pour concrete, and we need a stable, fireproof material to put the egg on. I thought of floor tiles, but am afraid they might shift. Any suggestions as to what we can use? Thanks!
·

Comments

• bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    pavers?
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,353
    How about a wooden base (plywood over 2x4's).. You could protect it with ss or a fire-proof mat.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    If you don't have a nest, 4 concrete blocks will work and get it to a higher elevation. ;)
    ·
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    No telling how big you want it, but you can pick-up 24"X24" Pavers at Lowes or HD. 4 of those and you'd have a 4'X4' area for the egg. Depending on where you live and how long you want it to last. You might be able to get away with just building a frame (maybe the 4" high metal border type material. Throw in sand, level and and put the pavers down.
    ·
  • raider60raider60 Posts: 62
    A paver is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you all so much! :)
    ·