Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flooring? for Egg--

raider60raider60 Posts: 62
edited 1:53PM in EggHead Forum
My wife and I just rented a house that has no concrete in the backyard, only grass. The landlord won't let us pour concrete, and we need a stable, fireproof material to put the egg on. I thought of floor tiles, but am afraid they might shift. Any suggestions as to what we can use? Thanks!
·

Comments

• bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    pavers?
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    How about a wooden base (plywood over 2x4's).. You could protect it with ss or a fire-proof mat.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    If you don't have a nest, 4 concrete blocks will work and get it to a higher elevation. ;)
    ·
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    No telling how big you want it, but you can pick-up 24"X24" Pavers at Lowes or HD. 4 of those and you'd have a 4'X4' area for the egg. Depending on where you live and how long you want it to last. You might be able to get away with just building a frame (maybe the 4" high metal border type material. Throw in sand, level and and put the pavers down.
    ·
  • raider60raider60 Posts: 62
    A paver is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you all so much! :)
    ·