Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

black stuff on the outside of the egg

ric3677ric3677 Posts: 278
edited 5:48PM in EggHead Forum
So,I had a couple of glasses of wine while cooking and left the vents open on the large and when I finally found it, it had cooked all of the gunk out of the lid.
The problem is that some of it came thru the gasket and down the sides of the egg.

In all of your infinate wisdom, would someone tell me what is the easiest to clean this off?

Thanks,

Rick in MT
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Did it look like this? -RP

goop.jpg
    ·
  • ric3677ric3677 Posts: 278
    That's pretty much the way it looks.
    ·
  • BananaChipzBananaChipz Posts: 207
    I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a bit of elbow grease..
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    I've sued Simple Green with success.
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 350
    :woohoo: LOL - Way to get back @ the man! I'm sure your lawyer got a pretty penny.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    Jeez... what the heck are you guys cooking that does that? I've done my low and slows, baking, turkeys, ribs, etc. without ever seeing any muck 'n guck on the inside of the lid!
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Get it good and gunked up then do a high temp cook and you'll probably be seeing the same thing. -RP
    ·