Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ahoy Fishlessman

Options
Cpt'n Cook
Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You will find this link about your favorite breed interesting. Blazes is a really good outdoor writer btw

http://www.telegram.com/article/20110726/COLUMN10/107269963/1009/sports

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    its a good article, hate to see them breeding for just show, britts need to be bred for feild first, then show, or both. litter was born last week and they reserved me a male tricolor( tricolors wont win show in the states but are fine in the country they come from, go figure). heres mom, looks different from abe which is what im hoping for. hard to find a brit from a qualified breeder here in the new england
    http://french-brittany.com/ebony.htm
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Fish,

The same has happened to the Golden Retriever, in that they are either breeding for show or just to be a mega-lover. I've seen one run from a hen mallard :laugh: That dog came from a BREEDER, I was told and cost 1,200 bucks. I laughed and said my dogs were free half breeds and I've been offered 3-4 times that for one of them. :whistle:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    theres a golden in my neighborhood with papers that goes an easy 120 pounds and is mean towards everything, the neighbor just picked up another one last summer from the same breeder. :huh: had abe holding point on a hen mallard for about 20 minutes,maybe longer, the hen was hiding from the male date rapists on the lake, walked right up to the dog within a foot and just sat there resting up :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it