Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Outdoor Home for the Egg

dunnharrdunnharr Posts: 45
edited 5:28AM in EggHead Forum
Check this out. Cabinet maker friend made this out of cedar and lofted the roof high enough so the smoke and heat won't hang under the cover. Vented from the back allowing operation with door closed (although if I had to do it again, I'd leave the door off).

• Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Beautiful job
    Cool looking sun
    Enjoy cooking in your new area :)

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,247
    Very nice. Kind of reminds me of a small town "wishing well".
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Nicely done, you will get a lot of use and pleasure of that! :) :)
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Snazzy as hell....."A Home of its Own." ;)
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    That is a very nice job. What material did you use for your counter top. Thanks. Looks great.
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,984
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    That is NICE!! Hard to tell from the pic but does the roof over hang enough to keep you dry during an advradge rain?
  • dunnharrdunnharr Posts: 45
    It's Corian. The friend who built it had an extra piece lying around and was able to use it.
  • dunnharrdunnharr Posts: 45
    There's just enough overhang to keep me dry. Getting to and from can be the problem, though.
  • Very nice. :)

I also used corian left over from a kitchen remodel.

Don't lay anything real hot on the corian.

If it looks like it needs a little TLC, stains from sauce, etc., you can hit it with a sander and it cleans right up. Sanding will dull the surface a little - I haven't tried it but maybe 400 grit or higher could polish it.

Enjoy :)