Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pizza dough getting better

outrageousoutrageous Posts: 529
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
another try at pizza dough... better than the last.... got to keep working, but pretty darn good.

thin crust with salsa, hamburger, ham and cheese

2011-07-25_19-16-18_70.jpg

done

2011-07-25_19-37-47_380.jpg

cut up in cubes,, yummy

2011-07-25_19-41-38_597.jpg
·

Comments

• egretegret Posts: 4,025
    Great looking pizza, Paul. I like the thin crusts myself, and, it looks like yours is perfect!! :lol:
    ·
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    Care to share your recipe? Do you make it without a machine?
    ·
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 529
    thanks john. i just moved from the store bought dough to me making it... trying to get better.. and yes, we like thin crust better... but i am going to have to try kim's deep dish pizza he has been showing off..
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    Great looking pie
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Good lookin pie, but based on the ingriedents some sliced Texas pickles might be a good addition.... ;)
    ·
    john.. i did not use a machine,,, i got the recipe off the internet... very simple.. one cup of flour, 1 tsp,yeast,1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of olive oil. and about 1/3 cup of water. put all this in oiled bowl, mix up with spoon until you can get this into a ball. let rest in warm place for two hrs. push down dough.. then i put in frig for 24 hrs. use floured hands and more flour if needed. make a dough ball and then spread out on oiled pizza pan. i am not a expert by any means. but this worked for me..
    ·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,611
    Are you sure that's 1 TABLESPOON of salt for that 1 cup of flour? Please confirm this for me.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
    judy, you are so right... i mean teaspoon.. i went back and corrected my abbreviations.... i did use 1/2 tsp of salt.....thanks,, for pointing that out.... i should have proofread... :woohoo: again, i am still learning on the pizza dough but has been fun...
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,459
    How's the salsa? Sounds like that could be good with pizza
    ·
  • MarineMarine Posts: 84
    I was making my own and then started buying the fresh dough balls at the bakery at Wal-mart wheat and white and got the same results. My dough didn't spread very well and when I cooked it on the Egg, it would raise and be super thick. Don't get me wrong, everyone loves it but don't ever get a thinner crust.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Great looking pie.

So salsa instead of sauce, or with the sauce? I agree with that the Texas pickles (if he means japelenos by that) would make a nice addition to your pie.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·