Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pizza dough getting better

outrageousoutrageous Posts: 535
edited 4:40PM in EggHead Forum
another try at pizza dough... better than the last.... got to keep working, but pretty darn good.

thin crust with salsa, hamburger, ham and cheese

2011-07-25_19-16-18_70.jpg

done

2011-07-25_19-37-47_380.jpg

cut up in cubes,, yummy

2011-07-25_19-41-38_597.jpg
·

Comments

• egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Great looking pizza, Paul. I like the thin crusts myself, and, it looks like yours is perfect!! :lol:
    ·
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    Care to share your recipe? Do you make it without a machine?
    ·
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 535
    thanks john. i just moved from the store bought dough to me making it... trying to get better.. and yes, we like thin crust better... but i am going to have to try kim's deep dish pizza he has been showing off..
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    Great looking pie
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Good lookin pie, but based on the ingriedents some sliced Texas pickles might be a good addition.... ;)
    ·
    john.. i did not use a machine,,, i got the recipe off the internet... very simple.. one cup of flour, 1 tsp,yeast,1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of olive oil. and about 1/3 cup of water. put all this in oiled bowl, mix up with spoon until you can get this into a ball. let rest in warm place for two hrs. push down dough.. then i put in frig for 24 hrs. use floured hands and more flour if needed. make a dough ball and then spread out on oiled pizza pan. i am not a expert by any means. but this worked for me..
    ·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,616
    Are you sure that's 1 TABLESPOON of salt for that 1 cup of flour? Please confirm this for me.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
    judy, you are so right... i mean teaspoon.. i went back and corrected my abbreviations.... i did use 1/2 tsp of salt.....thanks,, for pointing that out.... i should have proofread... :woohoo: again, i am still learning on the pizza dough but has been fun...
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,146
    How's the salsa? Sounds like that could be good with pizza
    ·
  • MarineMarine Posts: 84
    I was making my own and then started buying the fresh dough balls at the bakery at Wal-mart wheat and white and got the same results. My dough didn't spread very well and when I cooked it on the Egg, it would raise and be super thick. Don't get me wrong, everyone loves it but don't ever get a thinner crust.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
    Great looking pie.

So salsa instead of sauce, or with the sauce? I agree with that the Texas pickles (if he means japelenos by that) would make a nice addition to your pie.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·