Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza dough getting better

Options
outrageous
outrageous Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
another try at pizza dough... better than the last.... got to keep working, but pretty darn good.

thin crust with salsa, hamburger, ham and cheese

2011-07-25_19-16-18_70.jpg

done

2011-07-25_19-37-47_380.jpg

cut up in cubes,, yummy

2011-07-25_19-41-38_597.jpg

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Great looking pizza, Paul. I like the thin crusts myself, and, it looks like yours is perfect!! :lol:
  • Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 153
    Options
    Care to share your recipe? Do you make it without a machine?
  • outrageous
    Options
    thanks john. i just moved from the store bought dough to me making it... trying to get better.. and yes, we like thin crust better... but i am going to have to try kim's deep dish pizza he has been showing off..

• Longrifle
    Longrifle Posts: 130
    Options
    Great looking pie
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Good lookin pie, but based on the ingriedents some sliced Texas pickles might be a good addition.... ;)
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • outrageous
    Options
    john.. i did not use a machine,,, i got the recipe off the internet... very simple.. one cup of flour, 1 tsp,yeast,1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of olive oil. and about 1/3 cup of water. put all this in oiled bowl, mix up with spoon until you can get this into a ball. let rest in warm place for two hrs. push down dough.. then i put in frig for 24 hrs. use floured hands and more flour if needed. make a dough ball and then spread out on oiled pizza pan. i am not a expert by any means. but this worked for me..

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Are you sure that's 1 TABLESPOON of salt for that 1 cup of flour? Please confirm this for me.
    Judy in San Diego
  • outrageous
    Options
    judy, you are so right... i mean teaspoon.. i went back and corrected my abbreviations.... i did use 1/2 tsp of salt.....thanks,, for pointing that out.... i should have proofread... :woohoo: again, i am still learning on the pizza dough but has been fun...

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    How's the salsa? Sounds like that could be good with pizza
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Marine
    Marine Posts: 84
    Options
    I was making my own and then started buying the fresh dough balls at the bakery at Wal-mart wheat and white and got the same results. My dough didn't spread very well and when I cooked it on the Egg, it would raise and be super thick. Don't get me wrong, everyone loves it but don't ever get a thinner crust.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Great looking pie.

So salsa instead of sauce, or with the sauce? I agree with that the Texas pickles (if he means japelenos by that) would make a nice addition to your pie.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings