Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An orange county (CA) BBQ restaurant

Options
Da Kine Green BBQ
Da Kine Green BBQ Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One of my BIG problems since I've been cooking on my BGE is that it has messed up my appreciation for good tasting meats at restaurants. I am constantly disappointed at what too many restaurants call "barbecue ribs." Like last week when I was on a business trip to San Jose. My customer took me to a "really good BBQ place."

Arg. I should have ordered a salad. The ribs were gray and there wasn't a smoke ring. The texture was sort of sticky and pasty, and drowned in sauce.

On a much more positive note! I went to a place in Aliso Viejo called the Beach Pit BBQ. They have a website:

www.beachpitbbq.com

One of the owners was there, and he caught me looking into the kitchen. I said that I was looking to see if they boiled their ribs. . . . he told me to come on in, and take a tour of the kitchen. I did. It was neat.

Anyone else try this place? I am curious what other folks that post here think about this place.

Note: I am not connected in any way to this restaurant, Just went there for the first time yesterday for lunch.

Also - if you know of another BBQ restaurnat in Orange County - let me know, I am soooooo tired of yukky cooked meats!

Comments

• ehr
    ehr Posts: 8
    Options
    Good bbq place. Several locations in OC. Including Angel Stadium. One of the owners is Tim DeCinces, son of former California Angel 3rd baseman Doug DeCinces..
  • docbipe
    docbipe Posts: 28
    Options
    Ya know, I have only been cooking on my egg for 3 weeks now, and you brought up a good point I have not thought about. We don't go out that much, but I usualy expect high quality food. Since the bar has been raised to a new level, I guess I will stay home and cook. Between the egg and my new found abilities with cast iron cookware, I don't know what to expect when we go out! :evil: