Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chickens....Count Em Clark.

HossHoss Posts: 14,587
edited 1:18AM in EggHead Forum

6,yes SIX,whole chickens gettin happy on the LBGE. :)

Finished and shredded pics to follow soon.

• Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    dat's a lot of chicken there! hah!

Love the bricks you use to raise the grid... awesome idea.
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Keep it up and you will have the whole forum over for dinner. :laugh: You must have an army to feed, hate to see you food bill. :ohmy:

Way to go Hoss,
  • Go big or go home. You always do it up right, Hoss.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Thanks. :)
    :laugh: Not an Army just a baby boy IN the Army. ;) Thanks B.
    :laugh: Thanks Miss Faith. :)
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Shoot Hoss, you still had room for a load of vegies under all that. :laugh:

I'm certain Clark bonked his head that day. :P 3 birds :laugh:
  • Hoss if you can do that to a grill brother we need to get together and see what kind of stacking you can do in the beer fridge :blink:

• transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Nah, Hoss....that's what I call a bird cook!!
    ;) :laugh: HEHEHE! :evil:
    :laugh: Thanks.I never can seem to get the beer fridge full! :laugh: ;)
    Thanks friend. :)
  • Holly Crap Hoss, if a boy in the Army is causing that much food to be cooked, I had better get to stocking up before September gets here.

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    They can LAY IT AWAY! :blink: :whistle: :laugh:
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    That is some good eats Hoss! did the cooking time change at all?

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Burned !!! :blush: :ohmy: :S :huh: :whistle: :evil: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Awesome! Seasoning?

How did they cook all touchy, touchy like that, or were you not concerned about the skin?

Also....... it don't count until the finished pics ! Don't believe it ! :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Now that's some hot chicks you got there. ;)

You sure have a way with the chicks. :laugh:

Your son and his bros will be eating high on the :ermm: hog. So to speak. :)
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,253
    Looks awesome! Please tell more about shredding..Do you shred the chicken like a butt? Thanks!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ;) Moved em around a little.I was going for pulled/shredded chicken.There was plenty of room for veggies underneath.Cavenders and Slap Yo Mamma White Pepper blend.Ate my fill of skin while deconstructing the birds. :)
    Took a while.2 of the top 4 birds got done(the standing up ones).Removed them ,re arranged the other 4 to the top grid.3 got done about 45 minutes later.One took 30 minutes more. :blink: Monitored the dome with a maverick and checked the birds with the MOSTEST,FASTEST,ORANGE Thermapen. ;)
    :laugh: Thanks Tim. :)
    Yes sir.Mix it all together.Dark,white,crispy skin.Everything but the cluck(and bones of course) :blink: .Just use it as you would any chicken meat.Quesadillas,chicken sandwich,chicken salad,Q'd chicken,whatever.If you gonna burn lump on a Sunday afternoon,make it count. ;)
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,253
    Thanks Hoss! Pulled chicken, here I come!

I did buy a two for one pack of bone in breasts today. Sliced off the breasts, ground and made atomic chicken turds. Boiled the bones and pulled the meat and skin off. Skin for the dog, meat and broth for chicken soup tomorrow..
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Did ya "hot tub" them first? :laugh: :laugh:

• you just have to love the forum...

i read every entry and laughed...

loved the hot tub...

this truely is a cult...

i am going to do some shredded chicken, just never considered it until now...still a newbie i guess....

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Those chicks are soooooo just want to eat them up. :woohoo:
    I did not.Maybe nest time. :laugh: B) I like the thought of......nevermind. :evil:
    I was just tryin to figure out how to eat good throughout the week and not have to cook everyday.I love to egg but time is an issue. :blink:
    SWEET!.I'm gonna make some homemade chicken sausages when the weather cools a bit. ;)