Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chops and Quinoa

bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
edited 11:08AM in EggHead Forum
Made a very flavorful meal tonight,

grilled pork chops with garlic lime sauce, and

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Pork-Chops-with-Garlic-Lime-Sauce-238938

black bean and tomato quinoa. First time for quinoa, but will do i again. very nutty flavor, say compared to rice or couscous.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Pork-Chops-with-Garlic-Lime-Sauce-238938

IMG_0473.jpg

I will do this one again.
·

Comments

• Nice looking meal. Quinoa is a wonderful choice and very high in fiber.
    ·
  • Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
    Bob, until now, I've never HEARD of quinoa. Did you find it at Rouses? The meal looks delicious.
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Found it at our local health food store. Betsy went on a mission to find it at the regular food stores, but no luck.
    ·
  • Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
    Angel just said that's something she'd like to try. I'll see if I can find it in Gulfport.
    ·
    If you can't find it let me know, I'll bring you some on Friday. BTW, I got rouses to cut the rib end chops about 1-3/4" thick. They were the bomb.
    ·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    Quinoa (keen-wah) is really good. It makes a nice addition to salads, etc. We use it fairly regularly due to a Vegetabletarian within the family. (My brother married one.....)

Your meal looks really good!
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Awesome, Bobby. I saved that recipe. Thanks ! :)
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Love the quinoa. I almost did that today also. Looks tasty Bob!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    From the looks of all the color and texture, I thought the pork chop recipe was going to have a lot more ingredients. I like how straight forward this recipe is, nice job.

I'm still getting used to quinoa. The red quinoa was a little "too grainy" for me but I like the lighter colors like the one you used.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
    Thanks Rod.
    ·
    Good to hear from you Clark.
    ·
    Thanks Molly.
    ·
    Hi Chris, Yes it had a very nutty flavor, which I quite liked.
    ·
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 183
    Here is another quinoa recipe I came up with
    1 cup quinoa
    1 pint vegetable broth(I got mine at Whole Foods)
    1 can rotel tomatos with chiles
    1 can water
    salt
    two hand fulls sharp cheddar cheese added in near the end
    I've also added a can of pinto beans and some chopped onion at times.

Not cooked on the egg but great as a side dish.
    ·
    It's sold at Five Seasons in Ocean Springs in the bulk bins. It's also sold at Sunshine and they have more than one store. I once saw it at Walmart but not everyone of them.
    ·
    Thanks for this. I'll give it a go.
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Nice meal Bob
    Hearing more and more about Quinoa
    Going to pick some up
    Thanks for the post :)

Shane
    ·
    I about fell out when I bought it. Pound for pound, its the price of steak!
    ·
    Yes but steak doesn't swell up to 4 times it's size when cooked. Should have been less than $5 per pound.
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    dang bob, those look great.
    ·