Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Frog Legs and Dry Aged Ribeye

RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 189
edited 8:27AM in EggHead Forum
Picked up some frog legs and a nice bone-in dry aged ribeye from my local butcher. Made an interesting Saturday night cook.
These are the frog legs. I promise I did not skin an elf.
photo.jpg

Split the legs and rubbed with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and sweet paprika. Cooked direct at 350 with a little bit of hickory.
photo-3.jpg

Finished with a touch of Famous Dave's Devil Spit, and served.
photo-4.jpg

Then onto the ribeye. Just rubbed with salt and pepper.
photo-2.jpg

Got the egg to 700 and then threw the ribeye on.
photo-5.jpg

Can't remember how long I left it on. Just flipped it once, and then took it off at a good rare to med. rare. Had a nice crust on the outside.
photo-6.jpg

Served with baked potato and egged asparagus.
photo-7.jpg

I like my steak very rare, but my wife likes it done just a bit more. I sliced hers off and put it back on the egg for just a minute. All in all, it was a good cook. I have not had frog legs in a very long time, and I don't think I have ever tried a dry aged steak. It is definately the way to go.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·

Comments

• thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    My wife says they look like people....naked people. :laugh:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Now we got to go buy a bunch of wheel chairs for the frogs, great.

They look pretty good.

GG
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    frog_legs.jpg

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,514
    Nice cook. I think this is the first time I've seen Egg'd frog legs. They are not common where I live, but I recall that the few times I made them they were O.K.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,557
    This t-shirt of mine is at least 40 years old - still brand new and never worn as Pat didn't want to be seen with me in this!
    IMG_2020.jpg

Same goes for my "makin bacon" t-shirt, but that's a whole another story! :laugh:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's great.

·
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 189
    That is funny!

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
    That is a great shirt! I don't think my wife would let me wear a shirt like that in public or at home.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • claycampclaycamp Posts: 59
    Who is your butcher?
    ·
    The Meat House, Falls of Neuse Rd.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • claycampclaycamp Posts: 59
    Thanks, just got back form there. One of my favorite places in Raleigh
    ·
  • I love it thats a classic
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·