Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Frog Legs and Dry Aged Ribeye

RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 181
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up some frog legs and a nice bone-in dry aged ribeye from my local butcher. Made an interesting Saturday night cook.
These are the frog legs. I promise I did not skin an elf.
photo.jpg

Split the legs and rubbed with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and sweet paprika. Cooked direct at 350 with a little bit of hickory.
photo-3.jpg

Finished with a touch of Famous Dave's Devil Spit, and served.
photo-4.jpg

Then onto the ribeye. Just rubbed with salt and pepper.
photo-2.jpg

Got the egg to 700 and then threw the ribeye on.
photo-5.jpg

Can't remember how long I left it on. Just flipped it once, and then took it off at a good rare to med. rare. Had a nice crust on the outside.
photo-6.jpg

Served with baked potato and egged asparagus.
photo-7.jpg

I like my steak very rare, but my wife likes it done just a bit more. I sliced hers off and put it back on the egg for just a minute. All in all, it was a good cook. I have not had frog legs in a very long time, and I don't think I have ever tried a dry aged steak. It is definately the way to go.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

Comments