Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DP Team Rocks!

Options
HolySmokes
HolySmokes Posts: 446
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry, guys.[p]I DIDN'T want to start a new thread but I was out when all this
started and I DID want to send congratulations for your Great WinZ!
I tried to get my family and in-laws out for (your) event but well...
they don't yet have an egg and I'm still working on 'em.[p]As Everyone already said, great job! Cool trophy! BadAss cheque![p]y'all deserve PBR's in tall glass!, and
I'm buyin' when we do take a wander that way...
smflushot.JPG
By the way, need a flu shot?
:) best, HS.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    HolySmokes,
    Thank you man. Shooooweee! That PBR in a tall glass sounds good right now. What a relief. The USDA inspector just checked out my kitchen and operation here and I passed with flying colors!! Yeeehooowaa! He is writing up a report in his car right now (hopefully it's as good as he said it would be), and in 10 minutes I got the all clear 'til next time they come 'round!!! LOL. I was nervous, but am starting to feel some relief![p]I'm good on the flu shot. Keep that thing away from me!
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Good to hear about the inspection. Gotta be a big relief for sure. I didn't get a chance to chime in about this past weekends success, but was real happy for you guys when I read the results. That has gotta be one heck of a feeling, knowing that all of that hard work with real good people culminates into not only great food, but a 1st palce to boot! Sometime I want to talk to you about them there Chicken thighs. Those look real gooooooooood. Again, congrats.
    Seth

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    hey, great news on passing inspection!!!... . guess you had the slave labor (oops, i mean the twins) hidden away so they couldn't be asked any questions?? . ..heeee. .. now you can just keep on grinding....[p]way to go!!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    you actually do make all those rubs at home in your kitchen? Here I just assumed some trustworthy company assembled those for you.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Told ya.[p]Gratz and PBRs to ya my friend.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    It was a cakewalk.
    Peebers back toya mang.
    Still flyin high over here.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    RRP,
    Yeppers. All done here on the premises. It is tough to find a trustworthy copacker that can produce a fresh ground product such as we can ourselves. The way things are going, it will not be long at all before I need to move the DPUSA headquarters to a place other than my home though. Wild stuff.
    Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Yep. Slave labor was all locked up in the pit I dug.
    Good thing. He was a little early too. Good thing they were already down there.
    C

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Hey Seth
    Yeah, I knew from his accent that it was a totally different guy than last time (when I first started). Ya always hear these horror stories about inspectors that have something to prove....maybe a short-guy complex or sumthin ya know? They can make your life a living hell. [p]The chicky thighs cook about 2 hours direct on the upper grate. Skin down toward the end. Just a lot of love, and moving around to get a nice even color built up just about the time they are done inside. We use mainly Raging River. Thanks for the kind words, dewd! [p]Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    RRP,[p]I've actually been there when he was grinding, and let me tell you, the whole house smells incredible with all those spice flavors wafting around![p]Nothing like freshly ground DP rubs![p]Tonia
    :~)