Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chicken Legs on the BGE

rdhjrdhj Posts: 10
edited 4:51AM in EggHead Forum
My first attempt at chicken legs and man were they good!!

• rdhjrdhj Posts: 10
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Glad to hear they came out to your liking, now cook some more but line your plate setter with foil of set a drip pan on it to help keep it from grease buildup.

Yeah, I figured that out after I was done. We did not have any pans here, I have that on my list when we head off to Sam's Club later today. Thanks for the advise!!
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    One of my favorites off the Egg
    Yours look great :)

My lovely wife purchased the BGE Cook Book last weekend and I have been reading it. There is so much that this thing can do, and so much to learn, that its just amazing. I have not been this excited about anything since I got my BMW 750I. And at this point I'm not sure which would win the toss up.... :woohoo:
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,263
    Nicely done!

Definitely, you want to cover the plate setter up like Bordello said. My favorite think for that is a cheap deep dish pizza pan that I bought a few years ago, it covers almost the entire plate setter middle.

Look forward to seeing more of your cooks soon!
    Knoxville, TN
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    rdhj...There is no offense intended here, but did you boil the legs prior to grilling? It is certainly an unnecessary step, and you will have far better results if cooked from raw! Not meaning to assume anything, but would like to know how these were done. Again, to each their own, but perhaps even better results are possible! Lookin' good, and Keep Eggin!! :)