Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stainless Steel Grate

Options
Greenman72
Greenman72 Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone ever used one of these? (Note--this is NOT the grid that you cook on. This is the grate that goes on the bottom, underneath the charcoal.)

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Charcoal-Grate-Upgrade-Large/dp/B004XU1FES/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

Any comments on this? Either good or bad?

Comments

• James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Options
    I think there's a review on The Naked Whiz.
    whiz review
    there was a thread on here a few days ago too
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Options
    Mine is doing a good job of holding down the mail on our kitchen table. Been too hot to cook outside and I don't want to dig through an egg full of half burned lump just to drop in the new grate. Besides, I haven't found a place for the old one. :) Very well made, though.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mine is sitting on the counter as well. Came in Thur and I went out early Fri.
    Will be able to tell more Sat.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    Options
    I just wonder from someone that has one, what is the size of the SS round bar? We now sell the cooking grates in SS for all the sizes of eggs.... Is the mini cook grate not the same size as this?

If someone has one can you measure the round bar? It might be thicker than the cook grates in Stainless steel.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    There was a post on here just a few days ago with a lot of info on these. Go back through the list, it is there somewhere :)