Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Outdoor Home for the Egg

dunnharrdunnharr Posts: 45
edited 5:50AM in EGG Table Forum
Don't know if the picture will show on this thing. We put a cedar shingle roof over the Egg and made it high enough for the smoke and heat to circulate out

OutdoorKitchen003-1-1.jpg
·

Comments

• GaryBusheyGaryBushey Posts: 60
    I do not see any pictures with this post
    ·
  • dunnharrdunnharr Posts: 45
    Now the picture works!!!
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Increase the size to 640x480 pixels.
    ·
    done
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 350
    sweet setup

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Love it!
    ·
  • dsl9031dsl9031 Posts: 6

I am just finishing up a similarly designed table that fully encloses the bottom half of the egg, like this one does.  I've seen posts about tables, etc catching on fire.  My egg will sit on a 2" granite slab 12.5" below the top and in a 26.25" hole, as recommended.  The whoe thing is constructed of plywood, 2x4s, 4x4s and trim wood.  All is stained an varnished.  Should we be concerned about fire b/c of not enough ventilation?

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,204
    Fantastic setup, and you've given me some ideas... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    Heck of a hut! It's hard to tell from the photo, is the roof deep enough to keep you dry or just the egg?
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·
    There's just enough of an overhang to keep me dry if the wind isn't blowing the rain in. 
    ·