Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Outdoor Home for the Egg

dunnharrdunnharr Posts: 45
edited 4:57AM in EGG Table Forum
Don't know if the picture will show on this thing. We put a cedar shingle roof over the Egg and made it high enough for the smoke and heat to circulate out

OutdoorKitchen003-1-1.jpg
·

Comments

• GaryBusheyGaryBushey Posts: 60
    I do not see any pictures with this post
    ·
  • dunnharrdunnharr Posts: 45
    Now the picture works!!!
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Increase the size to 640x480 pixels.
    ·
    done
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    sweet setup

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Love it!
    ·
  • dsl9031dsl9031 Posts: 6

I am just finishing up a similarly designed table that fully encloses the bottom half of the egg, like this one does.  I've seen posts about tables, etc catching on fire.  My egg will sit on a 2" granite slab 12.5" below the top and in a 26.25" hole, as recommended.  The whoe thing is constructed of plywood, 2x4s, 4x4s and trim wood.  All is stained an varnished.  Should we be concerned about fire b/c of not enough ventilation?

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,037
    Fantastic setup, and you've given me some ideas... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    Heck of a hut! It's hard to tell from the photo, is the roof deep enough to keep you dry or just the egg?
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·
    There's just enough of an overhang to keep me dry if the wind isn't blowing the rain in. 
    ·