Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I Scored!!!!

PattyOPattyO Posts: 882
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to the Cleveland Ohio West Side Market today. Scored with five and a quareter pounds of duck fat that is happily rendering on the stove top as we speak. And three one gallon bags of marrow bones that are sucked and sealed and safely tucked away in the freezer. Also called a big supermarket near me that has demi glace to make the bones like I saw on the forum by Mad Max. Wow, what a day. Got lots more at the market, veal breast and lots of fruit and vegs. I'll be glad to meet anyone near Cleveland on my next visit. I hope to get there before the snow falls.
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I scored this morning myself. :whistle:
    ·
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 882
    Yourself? Hmmmm. TMI
    Anyways, I remember you. You owe me a hug.
    ·
    I'm holding your hug card until we meet. :)

Hope all is well with you. We're doing fine. Just hot as he!!.

I seen you in the news papers. Your famous. ;)
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    :laugh:

I was going to reply but had second thoughts but I sure did laugh when I saw the title of the post. :woohoo:

Cheers,

A gentler and kinder..........................
    Bordello :silly:
    ·
  • Patty, you set yourself up :ohmy:
    That was funny as anything :side:
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Wow Patty, what a haul. Duck fat and marrow bones.....pure indulgence! :)

Nice news spread! I can say, "I remember PattyO before she was famous".

I'll see you in Pittsburgh if it isn't too blasted hot.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I hear ya! I was gonna name my chicken cook "6 hot chicks in a pile" :blush: ;) :laugh:
    ·
    I grilled two tonight after I cut them the leap frog way.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=657206&catid=1

They would have been great if I hadn't been talking to my neighbor to long. :blush:
    ·