Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help-what size egg do I need?

Options
woody's wood pit
woody's wood pit Posts: 237
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought an RV and truck to pull it...now I need a travel egg to cook on, my xl is too big...what size makes the most sense that will still allow for cooking enough for two to four people?

also how do you pack one for tavel?

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    My medium egg was my favorite travel egg.I could carry it by myself,and it gave me more room than my small(although sometimes I brought both).We usually travel with extra people,so the medium was a better fit for us.I now travel with my XL since I sold the medium and small.I normally cook for large groups(cub scouts)when camping :) Here's a couple pix of my medium travel carrier....

009.jpg

010-1.jpg
  • WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    My small usually goes with me when we travel. However, when the camping club has their annual cookout, I usually take both the small and medium to do pork butts for about 35 people, with lots of leftovers.
    I have a transporter for the small that is the same as in Sparky's photo. The transporter is convient to transport and protect the egg, coupled with a
    "pot lifter" to make lifting the egg easier.
  • woody's wood pit
    Options
    did you have to separate the internal pieces to keep them from bouncing on each other?

I figured some cardboard or something like that would do if required...

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder