Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

fixed my dmft

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited 4:08AM in EggHead Forum
the dmft fell off last winter and the bail went somewhere? i figured it would show up when the snow melted. no such luck.
before and after. new bail of 1/8th 316 stainless and a stainless spring from the hardware store.
96a41541.jpg

a1a963a9.jpg
·

Comments

• Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Amazing the effect of the new bail on the condition of the daisy wheel. Think I'm going to have to try that too. B)
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,824
    You do good work...but then for a periodontist we would expect such professionalism and perfection! :laugh:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,099
    How did it go from orange to black? Definitely an improvement on the original dmft! Nice job!

Mine fell off, twice and repaired twice before I added some nomex to tighten the seal...
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    thank you.. .. i used stove black
    ·
    thanks ,, i was pretty sane about it [due to the 100°heat]. went with the first try and i bought enough for 316 for several attempts.
    ·
    thank you. i used stove black and put it in the sun at 100° for that baked on finish :laugh:
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,467
    looks good, bill. but if mine ever breaks (not likely, since i very rarely use it), i doubt i'll repair it. never use it at all for anything higher than 250°. keep meaning to try a 250° cook without it, but haven't yet. bet it'll work though.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • WingRiderWingRider Posts: 326
    Now that you have fixed the dfmt, the original bail will show up....Murphy's Law :evil:
    Great restoration job!!
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    That looks too dam purdy to be a repair :lol:
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,824
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: My kind of guy!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·