Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Chop cooking temp?

rcplanefanrcplanefan Posts: 17
edited 1:03AM in EggHead Forum
Thought I would ask for help here. Does anyone have a recommendation for cooking temperature/setup for some 1.5" thick boneless pork chops? I'll hit them with a little rub beforehand, but was wondering about cooking temps.

Thanks!

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I cook them like I would a steak just a tad longer. 400-450 direct and pull at 140° internal temp. I have 2 going on soon.
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 647
    i did some last night..direct- raised grid at 350 ,, then i lower down to reg height and finished them off... mine were a littel frozen so that is why i went high to start off with... cooked to 140 internal... great moist chops...

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    I usually go 375-400* dome, and cook direct. Pull at 135*/140* TOPS, then let rest a few minutes. Enjoy!
  • rcplanefanrcplanefan Posts: 17
    OK, will do. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks!
  • Lol it's been 3 1/2 years. I think they're done. :D
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 3,101
    Tree fity
    Seattle, WA
  • I like 450, but anywhere between 350 and 450 should be fine.

Little Rock, AR