Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Chop cooking temp?

rcplanefanrcplanefan Posts: 17
edited 12:48PM in EggHead Forum
Thought I would ask for help here. Does anyone have a recommendation for cooking temperature/setup for some 1.5" thick boneless pork chops? I'll hit them with a little rub beforehand, but was wondering about cooking temps.

Thanks!
·

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I cook them like I would a steak just a tad longer. 400-450 direct and pull at 140° internal temp. I have 2 going on soon.
    ·
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 530
    i did some last night..direct- raised grid at 350 ,, then i lower down to reg height and finished them off... mine were a littel frozen so that is why i went high to start off with... cooked to 140 internal... great moist chops...
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    I usually go 375-400* dome, and cook direct. Pull at 135*/140* TOPS, then let rest a few minutes. Enjoy!
    ·
  • rcplanefanrcplanefan Posts: 17
    OK, will do. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks!
    ·
  • IFlyEmIFlyEm Posts: 2
    Lol it's been 3 1/2 years. I think they're done. :D
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    Tree fity
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • I like 450, but anywhere between 350 and 450 should be fine.
    ·