Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

NC Shrimp and dealing with Lowe\'s

RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 185
edited 7:44AM in EggHead Forum
The thermometer hit 101 here today with very high humidity. It was hot!!!! Decided to cook some NC shrimp tonight. I think they were U20's, but not sure. I did them direct at 350 with just a tad of cherry. No plated pics, but served with homemade cocktail and tartar sauce.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDUtMjAxMTA3MjItMjEyNy5qcGc.jpg

No plated pics. Lowe's was suppose to deliver a dryer to my house at 1:30. Talked to their delivery department numerous times. I get home from work at 1:30 and my neighbor meets me at the door. Lowe's dropped off the dryer to him!! They were supposed to set it up, but instead they just left it at my neigbors. Here is a pic after dragging the thing in 101 degree weather into my house.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDMtMjAxMTA3MjItMTM1NC5qcGc.jpg
Thank you Lowe's for delivering and setting up my dryer.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·

Comments

• LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    WOW, I bet Lowes will enjoy that convesation with you. Nice looking Shrimp.
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,722
    I won't even shop at Lowe's anymore. Worst customer service out there. :evil:
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,351
    If you put it on a VISA card, complain & have the transaction reversed. Then call Lowe's and tell them to come and pick THEIR POS up. Then tell them that there's a 50/50 chance you might not be there when they arrive...
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    The shrimp look good Eddie!
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Shrimp look delicious. Lowes and the other big box stores sub contract out a lot of their work so they , the subs don't really care. One good reason to use credit cards. You have more rights. To hell with the big box stores and support your local appliance dealer.
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,351
    I absotutely agree!! I do the same with hardware & lumber where they'll bend over backwards to make that you're satisified!!
    ·
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 185
    Just got back from my weekly run to the hardware store. From now on, it is the local guys that will get my business.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·