Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Pulled Pork Advice Needed

JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been cooking some butts since 7:00pm last night. I went to work and came home around 2:00 to check on them. I guess I didn't have enough lump in the egg and the center had burned out, lump around the edges was not burned. I guess I need a lesson in lump pouring/stacking. I got the fire going again and now the internal temp of the butts is 183. I'm supposed to deliver pulled pork to a friend's store for finger sandwiches. I've never pulled before about 195 internal. I'm supposed to deliver in 1 hr. Y'all think I should go ahead and try to pull the pork at 183 internal or wait a bit longer? Store is about 10 minutes from here. I'm just doing my friend a favor.[p]Please advise, one and all![p]Jimbo[p]
Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    JimboBQ, I would have to ask what was the temp before you got the fire going again. You might be tossin instead of pullin.

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    JimboBQ,[p]IF your internal temp did not dip below 140 while the fire was out (and do you have any idea how long your fire could have been out?), then the pork is safe and I would just bump up the dome temp to 350 or so and see how close you can get to 195 internal before you have to leave for your friend's house.
  • JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    TRex,
    All is well. By the time I got out to the egg, the internal was 189 on the top butt. I've pulled it and it was A-OK. A little more grease than usual, but I know it will eat well. The other 2 butts (mine) will come off a little later.[p]The internal at the low point did not go below 140. I know that's the magic number.[p]Life is good. I got my new base (big ceramic bottom) for the large and I'm back to eggin'![p]Thanks,[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...