Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Forum Inspired Back Yard

Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
edited 8:19PM in EggHead Forum
Over the winter and early spring I read several posts here that inspired a couple of projects for us.

First I would like to thank Village Idiot for our raised garden. Being old folk and all bending and stooping is not high on our list-- crawling is even lower. :) So, when I read your post and saw your garden I knew we could work with that. Mine isn't as nice as yours, but we are beginning to get some tomatoes and the fresh basil is delicious. Thanks! So much for your inspiration.

7.jpg

Our back yard has always been wicked hot. The sun sets on the back of the house and the trees are just too far away to provide any shade during the day. We were talking pergolas etc... and after seeing a few screen porches on the forum we decided to screen in the back porch as well as cover a place for the eggs. It has worked out great.

Here is before...
5.jpg

and this is after...
26.jpg

It is comfy inside as well...
18.jpg

19.jpg

cooking in the shade is wonderful...
24.jpg

The cooks perch...
34.jpg

We were looking for some yard art, ie. concrete, when we found this. I love this pig! If anyone thinks the eggs are heavy... try moving a 4ft concrete pig! :lol:
22.jpg

The CFO expected a flower bed too...
28.jpg

Plus a little eggcessory storage...
20.jpg

...guarded by the frog...
38.jpg

...and the pig with a 'tude! :)
33.jpg

It has been a very hectic few months as this project progressed and I think it is done. Being able to sit outside in the shade with no mosquitoes has been so nice. Thanks to all for this extra-cooking inspiration and Thanks for looking. I promise there will be cooking photos in the near future.
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
·

Comments

• Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Very nice job. Looks like a good place to relax and enjoy some egging!
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Nicely done! In the midst of home renovations here, too! Always great to see the changes in the end! ;)
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I love that pig!!!

Where'd you get it from?
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    That looks really great! I would love to have a screen porch in my future.

fc
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    That is really nice. Looks like a job well done.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Great job... :)

When people ask how much a BGE costs I always laugh...it isn't the BGE that cost so much it is all of the stuff that comes after it...LOL :lol:
    ·
  • fasteddiemfasteddiem Posts: 212
    Ain't that the truth! Someone posted that "the egg is a hole in the back yard that you just throw money in"...I do so blissfully! B)
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Nice! Very Nice digs!
    ·
  • Looks fantastic, very nicely done.
    ·
  • Very, very nice. I know you will enjoy that new cooking space and the shade it provides. You have no doubt inspired others to upgrade their cooking spaces, too.
    ·
  • leeflashleeflash Posts: 66
    nice job,a cool place to hang out. ;)
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    All very nice, you are going to love it :)
    Checking your website I noticed a Crestwood KY address, is that home for you?? I grew up in Anchorage :)
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Great improvement. I know you will enjoy it.
    ·
  • Eggcelent space, nice garden, and gotta like the pig and frog :)

Y'all will have lots enjoyable times there.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Well hopefully this will light a fire under my you knnow what and get on creating an outdoor area.
    Looks really great!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    It's beautiful. It really is.
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Sure looks like a homey place to Egg to me.
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    What a beautiful place to cook and relax, really lovely. Congrats on completing it!
    ·
  • nice place!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    JUJU,you worked your MOJO on that! Looks GREAT! :)
    ·
  • TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
    VERY VERY VERY NIIICCCCCEEEEE.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,373
    excellent post! even if you DO have the "word" Loney in your sig. :)
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Very very nice digs . I love the frog :laugh: :laugh:
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Wow, super nice! I bet you're having fun in that space.
    ·
  • Very Nice!
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Ain't that the truth... All of it is worth every penny though.
    ·
    Yes we live fairly close to Crestwood and Texican's Barbecue is about a 20 minute drive from work. Its delicious too. Thanks for looking at the website... It is seriously a hobby and a real work in progress at the moment.
    ·
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It has been wicked hot here so nothing is a lot of fun outside during the day. That hasn't stopped the egging though. I have a few cooks to post, but the CFO wanted these finished first. :)
    ·