Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Overnight brisket.

Options
db
db Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just started a brisket and need to know how long 5 lbs of lump at 225 deg will last me. In other words, do I need to set the alarm clock? Started at 7:00pm. The lump was not pre-arranged per E.W.
I love this Atkins diet.
db

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    db,
    hey, talk about diets....
    I was thinking about shaving a few pounds off, but since one of my co-workers have 2 dead trees(basically an unlimited supply of smokin' wood)to get rid of, now im doomed :) Oh well, BGE BBQ is worth the few Xtra pounds:)~
    ST

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    db,
    Sounds to me like you have the firebox filled up with 5 bs. You should be good for 24 hours at 225.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    db,
    Enjoy your nights sleep. There is no right or wrong way to start the lump.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    db,
    Can't blame you for not sitting in the garage sorting lump - its 20 deg here and I don't do that in 80 deg weather. [p]If your lump is to the top of your firebox - which I bet itmust be - your good for the night. Those darn fires can sometimes burn in the center and the sides just don't fall into the center and the fire can sometimes go out - but we wish you good luck. Let us know how you made out.[p]Tim

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Tim M,
    I with you on not sorting the coals. To borrow a phrase from Mary "dump the lump" and let it burn. Has never failed me yet doing it that way.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Bob, you and Tim must look over my sholder..I went out at midnight last night..stirred the bejeebers out of my old lump dropped a fire starter in the middle, moved some old lump over the hot starter, and "dumped the lump". 19 hours ain't too bad. [p]db should get at least 20 hours or more out of 5 lbs.
    C~W[p]